Work in Progress: Neapolitan Socks

During blog week one of the posts I read (I am sorry I cannot remember who it was) talked about how she missed how blogs use to be, talking about the process of projects as they went instead of now when finished projects just appear without having been mentioned much before. She said she is now following the Wednesday work in progress posts which helps with this.  I had to laugh a little thinking about this and my current work in progress. These poor socks have been blogged about to death.

First Work in Progress post
Starting to see a frog coming.
Failure #1
Failure #2 before I knew it failed. 
And again.
Failure #2 complete

I am sure some of you are thinking I am crazy and my yarn is probably ruined by now. You are right about the first part but the yarn is holding up okay. In my quest for the best simple sock for me, I have figured out a few things.

1. 80 stitches on size 1 needles is too big. Even though using the Yarn Harlots math for inches around leg times stitches per inch gave me that number.

2. 60 stitches on size 1 needles with mostly stockinette leg is too small.

3. Size 1 needles are ridiculously tiny.

4. Size 2 needles with 56 stitches in a 3x1 rib works great!



Currently still using knitting books as my bedtime reading. Cookie A's sock book is the one I am intrigued with now. She is freaking amazing.

Joining with:

Frontier Dreams
Small Things
Tami's Amis

Labels: ,