Neapolitan stockinette socks

It was somewhat of a frustrating knitting week. After taking a serious look at my Neapolitan sock I decided I had to know if it would fit. I posted in a forum on ravelry (LOVE Ravelry by the way) asking about knitting socks in stockinette and whether they stay up. Some nice British women kindly told me it sounded like I had cast on too many stitches (according to the no pattern sock pattern by the yarn harlot it was the right number of stitches) and another told me I could put it on waste yarn to try it on (why didn't I think of that?!). I did that and it kind of fit but I did not love how it fit or looked. Then I had a horrible time getting it back on the needles because of all the slip stitches in the heel. That combined with the fact that it was past 11pm led me to frog the whole thing. Ribbit ribbit. I went to bed only to find that my husband had moved the scarf I was blocking there. I know, I know, he needed to sleep but that combined with the ripping out of 6 months (I am a slooow knitter) of knitting on a sock was too much for me. I went to bed in a bad mood...I blame the yarn harlot and my husband because somehow I feel better if I can blame someone else at least temporarily...

Labels: