Spinning Show & Tell: Plying Yarn with Terra Cotte Pots



In one of my many spinning books I've checked out from the library lately I read this idea for plying. Luckily I live down the street from a great thrift store which had lots of terra cotte pots for .$50 each. This method worked so much better than sticking the center pull balls in project bags and have those bouncing around as you ply, which was what I did previously. Now I have my own little inexpensive lazy kate. I am all about thrifty crafting.

I am happy with how the yarn turned out, considering my experience so far. But I really look forward to the day when my yarn will be more consistently spun.  This skein is what is left after I knit two projects with the yarn. Come back on Friday and I will have pictures of my finished projects.

Joining with Sarah and Nicole today.

Labels: ,