One knitter's battle to conquer the intended gauge . . .

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Finished Object: Multnomah Shawl






Pattern: Multnomah Shawl

I love this project! It was my first experience with a lace pattern. I had to start the lace section over a few times but I finally got the hang of it. I wasn't so sure about the triangle shape. At first I felt like a cowgirl wearing it with the point in front but I now embrace that and wear it with my cowboy boots. Actually I wear it with everything. The variegated yarn has so many subtle colors that it matches a  lot of my clothes. I wish that it was bigger. If I made it again I would make it larger but still I love it. I am quickly becoming obsessed with shawls.

Joining with:

Tami's
Creative Friday
Fiber Arts Friday

11 comments:

  1. Such beautiful colours in that yarn! Mmmmm malabrigo. Bet it feels great too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Once you've been bitten by the lace bug you won't go back ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Evelyn. the Multnomah was my first lace project as well, but definitely not my last :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have diligently been resisting the shawl craze, but your version of this pattern is so lovely, resistance may be futile!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! You did a wonderful job :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know exactly what you mean. I scoffed at shawls, until I made one. Now I cannot wait to make another! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's beautiful. I bet it's super squishy with that yarn too.

    ReplyDelete