Finished Objects: Elephant and Puerperium Sweater

Just because I haven't been blogging for six months doesn't mean I haven't been knitting. I'd be one crazy lady if I had needed to completely give up knitting for this hectic year.

But now that I am stuck in bed with this broken collar bone I've got sometime on my hands. Super excited to show off a few of my finished objects the last few months.

Remember the elephant my son was going to receive for his 2nd birthday in May? He got it for Christmas! I think it is ADORABLE. But I was still sewing all the pieces together on Christmas Eve. I think I can safely say it is my first and LAST stuffed animal. It just wasn't that fun to make.
Roman loves it though...


And this sweater? It was AWESOME to knit. I am new enough to sweater knitting that the patterns feel like magic. I just keep knitting away according to the pattern with no idea how it is going to turn out like the picture and then BOOM there it is clear as can be the beginnings of the most adorable baby sweater ever. I hope the recipient enjoys it as much I as do. Both were made with Encore worsted weight yarn. I am a yarn snob and usually stick to at least 75% wool but I wanted something that would be easy for the new mom to care for. It wasn't so bad going back to 75% acrylic...


The metal buttons were upcycled from a Gap shirt that no longer fit my husband. They are super fun. I was knitting on this sweater while supervising a youth activity at church and got distracted. I ended up knitting an extra inch in length. I DID NOT want to frog back so I just knit the sleeves longer too. Here's to hoping he is a long skinny baby...

Come back next Friday to see more finished objects...





Joining with:
Tami's
Creative Friday
Fiber Arts Friday

Labels: , , ,