(not sure who to give credit to for this photo but thank you to whoever did it.)
I am very honored to be nominated for a Sunshine Award by Jazz at Bruno Crochet
. Thank you so much! I am glad that my little blog brings a bit of sunshine into your life.
Participating in knitting blogland has been really fulfilling to me the last six months since I started this blog. I have enjoyed interacting with other like minded fiber fanatics. Your comments have done much to brighten my day and boost my confidence. Hopefully I have done the same for the blogs I comment on. I have been inspired to learn new skills and take on more challenging projects as I see the beautiful things others are making. Thank you!
On to the Sunshine Award Rules:
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you.
2. Answer the 10 questions on your favourite things.
3. Nominate 10 blogs to receive the Sunshine Award and let them know they've been nominated.
- Favorite animal: Elephant. (not sure why-- maybe it is the 2 elephants at the Alaska zoo when I was growing up.)
- Favorite number: 12 (my birthday) 22 (my college soccer number) 8 (my high school soccer number)
- Favorite non-alcoholic drink: rooibos herbal tea
- Facebook or Twitter: Facebook- I love staying connected with friends I have moved away from and peeking in on old boyfriends and such :)
- My passion: Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ, my family ... then knitting and social justice. (I mean I am a social worker after all. )
"Social justice is the view that everyone deserves equal economic, political, and social rights and opportunities. Social workers aim to open the doors of access and opportunity for everyone, particularly those in greatest need." NASW
- Getting or giving: Giving (Can anyone say getting and feel good about it? Would we judge them if they did?)
- Favorite Pattern: Right now it is the Citron Shawl.
- Favorite day of the week: Thursday (it is the anticipation of the coming weekend that gives new energy that day) or Sunday (though church with four little ones isn't as peaceful as it use to be I still really enjoy a good Sunday afternoon nap :).
- Favorite flower: Forget-Me-Not
- Favorite country: Ireland (such a wonderful trip I had there!)
And here are the 10 blogs I am nominating for the Sunshine Award. Thanks for bringing some light into my life.
Nicole at Frontier Dreams
Anneli at The Mother in the Yellow House
WonderWhyGal at Wisdom Begins in Wonder
Suzanne at Crea in the City
Tami at Tami'sAmis
Samantha at Woodland Woolens
Clean Cup Move Down
NurseNikkiKnits at Being Careful Not to Twist
Natalie at Marigold's Loft
Wow! That was hard to limit it to 10. Congrats Ladies! And thanks for blogging.