The Never Ending Sweater

"This is the sweater that never ends,
It just goes on and on my friend!"

So I said in my WIP post that this cardigan needed it's own post. I started it when I was fairly new to knitting a few years ago after I completely the customary hat, scarf, and kerchief. In order to meet the required gauge, I have to knit on size three needles. When I started it, all I really knew were bamboo straight needles so I was knitting away on long, thin bamboo needles. It didn't take long until I broke one. So I learned about circular needles and got a pair of plastic ones and just kept on going. I finished the back and moved on to one of the front sides. And proceeded to break one of the plastic needles. I thought it was just a fluke so I bought another needle of the same kind, thinking surely it wouldn't happen again. Right. Not too long after that I broke that plastic needle and have since sworn off anything but metal. It is coming along nicely on Prym aluminum needles. 

The problem is with size three needles it is really a slow sweater. I stopped for a little while to finish a sweater for my son two years ago that turned out so ugly I cannot even photograph it (it was my first official sweater!) So I came back to this one. It is my "go to" when I need something to work on in the dark movie theaters or when getting a pedicure and looking at a pattern would distract from relaxation! That is pretty much the only times it gets worked on now. I love it but I don't have the patience to wait for the satisfaction of a finished project. I am unfaithful old sweater. But I am okay with that. 

The pattern is from the Stitch and Bitch book that I used to teach myself how to knit. Someday it is going to look beautiful! 
I know this is not the most inspiring post. Check out more inspiring projects at Keep Calm Craft On!

Labels: