Ponchos, Socks, and Parenting...


 Pattern: Very Harlot Poncho
Yarn: Cascade 220
Book: Raising an Emotionally Intelligent Child



Yarn: Crazy Zauberball, color: 1564
Book: Knitters Almanac




California
I returned from my California trip for the memorial service of my friend on Sunday evening. It was an amazing, wonderful, sad, and healing weekend. And I returned emotionally exhausted but so glad that I had made the trip. It was great to catch up with old friends and share memories and tears with our dear friend. The sadness is still overwhelming when I stop and think about the loss, not so much for me, but for his wife and son. So I try not to think about it....

My New Book

I'm still plugging away on the poncho. And reading a new book. Some ladies in our neighborhood are starting a book club for parenting books and this is our first one. I am about 20 pages in and so far it is intriguing and I think will be helpful. It was a rough parenting morning. I was told that my daughter hated me and I was ruining her life because I got her up early to do the chores and homework she didn't do yesterday. Pretty stellar start to the day. Ah, the joys of parenting...

Works in Progress

I cast on this amazing Crazy Zauberball for my trip. I am knitting some vanilla latte socks. Zauberball is my favorite sock yarn. Just such fun colors and really comfortable to knit with. I visited a new local yarn shop, Wool Cabin,  in January. They had their socks yarns on sale for 20% off for the month. I went specifically to get a zauberball with my Christmas money. But I walk in and, of course, went straight to the sale table to check it out. I saw this purple/orange yarn and carried it around with me for awhile. It didn't have any information on it except the price. I asked the owner about it, who said that it was shipped to her just like that. She had no idea what it was made of, how many yards, etc. I decided to stick with my original plan and put it back. When I was purchasing the zauberball she gave me the purple/orange yarn for FREE! Isn't that so generous! She said she wasn't really able to sell it because of the lack of a tag and I should just go for it and see what I can make. I am not sure yet what it wants to be. I'll knit up a swatch and see. But with that type of kindness I will definitely be shopping there again!

So I finished two projects last week and cast on two this week (I'll show you the other one next week), keeping me at 9 WIPs. My new years goal wasn't to not have any WIP, it was to not have the SAME ones at the beginning of 2015 as at the end of 2015! :) When I finish my next project, I want to cast on a pi shawl from Elizabeth Zimmermann's Knitters Almanac. I bought this book for $5 from walmart, shipped to the store for free. I was pretty excited about that find. And I'm already to cast on... as soon as I finish something...



Joining with  Ginny, Nicole, and Andrea

Labels: , ,