Showing off my Christmas Knits



Pattern: Variation on the Tin Can Knits Rye pattern
Yarn: Regia Hand Dyed Effect in color 06551


Pattern: Hat with Fox Pattern in Lima by Drops Design (free on Ravelry)
Yarn: Malabrigo superwash merino in Lettuce and Knit Picks Wool of the Andes in Orange, White, and Coal. 

Pattern: Contrary Cabled Cowl
Yarn: Dyeabolical Aran Singles Yarn, King of the Pond

I finished three knitted gifts for Christmas but I didn't get a chance to share those last Wednesdays because we had family in town and we were off having a grand time in the snow. I am very excited that I finished my husband's socks. With size 11 feet that is no small feat. I swear that after thought heels are a lot faster than heel flaps now and I think I am convert. Joel noticed right away that these socks were constructed differently than the normal pairs I knit him but he said that they fit even better. I used Laura's after thought heel pattern but just added an extra row or two before the decreases. I can't wait to cast on a pair for me and see how I like wearing this heel. 

Maeve loved her fox hat. I knew she would. She has worn it to school and almost every day since Christmas. This is the child who thinks I should give up knitting because it takes too much time away from her. But she actually said after Christmas that this was the one time she was glad that I knit! I am working on some matching mitts for her now. 

And I knit my Contrary Cable Cowl for my oldest daughter for Christmas so after I finished the pattern I stashed it away in the Christmas box. I chose this color when asking for yarn support specifically for her. It looks great with her red hair. She is excited about it and has already worn it skiing. This last ski trip reminded me that I need to knit one for me! And check out my sweet mom knitting in the background of that photo! She finished this pretty pink twirly scarf while she was visiting. She use to knit before I was born but picked it back up since I became obsessed with knitting. It is fun. 

I want to share some New Years goals and my Word of the Year with you but since I missed the Christmas gift posting last week, I will save the New Year's post for next week.

Have a great week! Sharing with Ginny, Nicole, and Andrea

Labels: , , ,