Foxy Hat Part 2


Pattern: Hat with Fox Pattern in Lima by Drops Design (free on Ravelry)
Yarn: Malabrigo superwash merino in Lettuce and Knit Picks Wool of the Andes in Orange, White, and Coal. 
Book: Hope Runs

So I am making good progress on my foxy hat. I'm super hopeful it will be done by Christmas. Only problem is that I am not sure it is going to fit. :( I tried so hard to knit the color work at an even gauge and keep my floats loose but not too loose. But it is kind of tight. I am not sure what kind of magic I can work with blocking. I'm not going back though. I've come too far to frog it. Someone will get a fox hat for Christmas. It just might not be the recipient I had in mind. I still need to do the duplicate stitches for the eyes, nose, and mouth. It should be interesting. I've never done it before. 

I found this sweet handmade pottery bowl at our local thrift store. It isn't a yarn bowl but I'm using it as such and it is working great. Super thrilled to find it for $1!!

I am really enjoying Hope Runs. I love these inspiring stories about people making a difference in the world. They inspire me to want to make the world around me a better place. Hope is such a powerful thing. It is to desire with the expectation of obtainment. Hope is motivating, to continue to work towards your hearts desire even when faced with challenges and failures. 

I have been thinking a lot about hope lately as I have a child that is feeling very hopeless about her ability to interact nicely with people around her. It is sad and frustrating.  In a moment of despair last night dealing with this child, I began to think it would be better if she didn't have Christ's gospel in her life because it is just giving her expectations for behavior that she is not able to achieve and thus makes her feel terrible about herself. So guilty and horrible that she can't behave better. Which leads me to feel like a bad mother, that my parenting is making her feel like she is worthless. It was a bad night.

But this morning, I had this thought, we can't do it by ourselves. Trying to live up to the standards of Christ on our own is impossible. We would fail and feel full of guilt. And that is exactly how my sweet child feels. But we aren't suppose to do it on our own. Christ paid the price for our sins, failures, pains, heartache, etc so we don't have to carry those with us. He can take those away and make up the difference for when we fall short. And all of us do. Accessing the power of Christ's atonement is the only way we can become who He knows we can be. As a parent it is my job to teach my child this. Not an easy task but with God nothing is impossible. 


"Through the Savior's sacrifice, we have the hope, opportunity, and strength to make real heartfelt changes in our lives." - Elder Robert D. Hales


Have a great week! Sharing with Ginny, Nicole, and Andrea

Labels: ,