Beaded Annis Shawl


First off I just had to show you a photo of a beautiful place we went hiking last week. Millcreek Canyon. Isn't it gorgeous?!?


Second. I FINISHED MY SHAWL!! And it is blocked and DRY. Are you totally impressed. Me too. I also finished the Divergent Series. I did a little knitting while reading. It was tricky but I managed it. I liked Allegiant.  It is sad. More people die. But the ending. It feels hopeful. Like the community will survive, recover, and thrive. I liked the ending. Much more positive than the Hunger Games.


I think this is my first crescent shawl. And I am hooked! Those short rows make it go so much faster. I still don't know if I will like wearing a crescent shawl but I will give a try at the wedding. Beading was so much easier than I thought it would be. I used the crochet hook method and it was fabulous! I tried buying a crochet hook small enough for the beads at Joanns and Michaels with my coupon but they don't carry anything near small enough. I purchase my new hook at my LYS, Blazing Needles.

Pattern: Annis by Susanna IC
Yarn: Malabrigo lace Silkpaca in Teal Feather
Beads: Size 6 purple seed beads
New Fancy Tool: Addi Capped Steel Crochet Hook size 0.6mm


And speaking of the wedding. I should be packing for my wedding cruise and finishing the mound of dishes that need to be done before I leave! :) But instead I am blogging and packing my knitting. Priorities! I am so excited to be kid free, I may be over packing on the knitting but I want to have choices! 2 socks: circle socks which are almost done and a new pair of vanilla christmas knitting socks. And 2 lacey works in progress. I am hoping to finish the circle socks for my sister and the I Heart Cowl for me.


And I'll leave you with a little spirit message. Our church's General Conference was the week before last and there were several messages on caring for the poor that touched my heart. I really like this quote. As a family we are trying to decide how we will answer this call.


Sharing with Ginny and Nicole