Contrary Cabled Cowl Knitting Pattern


I am so excited to publish this new design. This snug fitting cowl has an interesting texture where stockinette and garter stitch cables meet. With aran weight yarn, held double, this is a quick knit. It is September after all so we need to start thinking about Christmas knitting! :) The top circumference is able to accomodate children (see my cute daughter wearing it in the picture below) and adults, with the bottom widening to fit comfortably on the shoulders under a coat. It is the perfect accessory for winter play, ensuring no one’s neck or face get cold in the wind and snow.


It is knit with Dyeabolical Aran Singles yarn.  If you have not checked out this Indie Dyer, you have to! She has a wide variety of colors. They are really vibrant and beautiful.  The aran singles is wonderful to knit with. And very soft. Perfect for this "next to skin" cowl.


I love knitting cables with thicker yarn. It just makes such a fun, squishy fabric. You can better see how the garter stitch and the stockinette stitch cables meet in the middle in this photo. It makes for a really unique looking cable.
 
 


The Contrary Cabled Cowl is now on sale on Ravelry and Etsy for $3.99. The pattern has been test knit and professionally tech edited. For today only, September 3, you can buy the pattern for $.99 as a thank you for being a loyal reader of The Gauge Wars blog. I really appreciate your visits to the site and your encouraging comments on my knitting. The promotion code is DARTHVADER.  :)



Isn't my friend Melissa beautiful? When I texted asking her to model my newest design for me, she responded with, "you do know you texted Melissa right?" Lol. She did wonderful. And it was hot modeling a wool cowl in August!


 
 I really enjoy designing. The challenge of coming up with new ideas and then figuring out how to knit them is fun. The math part can be frustrating. But so rewarding when I figure it out! I recently have been obsessing over this new book, Up, Down, All- Around Stitch Dictionary by Wendy Bernard. It gives the directions to knit over 150 stitch patterns from the top down, bottom up, or in the round. Brilliant idea! Most stitch dictionaries that I've seen just give instructions for one direction. Anyway I'm working on a review of this book so come back next Wednesday to read that. Thanks!!


Sharing with Ginny, Tami, and Nicole.

Labels: , , , , , , ,