Finished Object: Vanilla Socks with a Plaid Twist





Yarn: Candy Skeins Yummy Fingering in Spearmint Colorway
Pattern: Vanilla Latte Socks by Virginia Rose-Jeanes

This may be the only socks I finish during my Summer of Socks but at least I have 3 more cast on and in progress...

I've talked here before about how I don't like following patterns for socks. It is a portable project that I prefer to not have much thinking involved so I can use sock projects as social knitting time. But I also want the socks to be interesting and not just stockinette or ribbing. I really like the Vanilla Latte pattern but with this tonal yarn I wanted a little more design going on.

So here is what I did:


So now look at the left big toe on the last picture. See that row of ladders that look like a dropped stitch but isn't? Why does that happen? What am I doing as I decrease for my toes that causes those gaps on the stitches? It is annoying and I can't figure out why it is happening. Any suggestions?


I gave these socks to my sister, Michelle, the crazy photo bomber from my last post and the foot model here, for her birthday. It is challenging to give away something that took weeks to make. But I purchased the yarn with her in mind 2 years ago so I wanted to stick with that. You better wear them Michelle!! :)

Sharing with Linda, Tami, and Andrea this week.

Labels: ,