Postcards from Spring Break Day 4: I am Terrified of Heights. My Sons have No Sense of Self-Preservation. Bad Combo.



Our traditional camping photo. This is totally Joel's idea and I love all the silly photos we have taken the last few years. And don't you just love the matching hats for those two gingers?

I did my duty. I took my children up to Delicate Arch. And I am not going back. The hike up, a cliff on the side of the sandstone, is scary enough for me. But then you get to the top with tons of people walking around right on the side of huge drop offs. I was trying not to have a panic attack up there. I know it is mostly an irrational fear and I try to tell myself that,  but I had a tight grip on my boys. They couldn't understand why this was as close to the arch as we got. They were dying to walk over to it. But I just couldn't do it. They truly have no sense of self-preservation and I was a nervous wreck. Someday when they go there by themselves and I am not responsible for their safety they can walk to the edge of the rock. But not on my watch!

Happy Easter!! We are home safe and sound, thank goodness. How grateful I am that because of my Savior, Jesus Christ, I am able to spend eternity with this beautiful bunch. What a blessing! 


He is not here: for he is risen, as he said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay. 
-Matthew 28:6

It is true! He is risen. And because of Jesus Christ's victory over death we will live again too. Forever. With our families. With God. 

Here are two great Easter videos I showed to my youth Sunday School class today: Because of Him and His Sacred Name.  Go watch them. Feel the peace and love God wants you to feel today!


Labels: