Yarn Along: My Ideal Bookshelf and Brooklyn Tweed Turnagain Cowl


 Pattern: Brooklyn Tweed Turnagain
Yarn: Knit Picks Palette

I'm still plugging away on my Iknitarod lace shawl even though the Iditarod is over. But it doesn't look much different than the last photo you saw so I will spare you another. This cowl is the gift I abandoned a few weeks before Christmas when I realized that there was no way I was going to finish it in time. I still really like it but am having a hard time coming back to it. Hopefully I can finish it long before next Christmas. The colors are: cream, bison, masala, sweet potato, almond and clover. I purchased turmeric too but decided against it in favor of using both masala and sweet potato (the 2 orange colors). I am not sure if I regret that or not.

My Ideal Bookshelf is a book full of short essays by "famous" people about books they would have on their ideal bookshelf. I checked it out from the library a few weeks ago and have been thinking about what books I would put on my ideal bookshelf. The book gives 7 categories/ideas to choose a book for. Though the Bible and the Book of Mormon would both be top on my list for books that changed my life, I've read again and again, and the books that made me who I am, I decided to leave those off the list instead of filling every category with them. Here are the categories and my answers today:


So there you go. What would be on your ideal bookshelf?

Sharing with Ginny, Tami, and Nicole today.



Labels: ,