One knitter's battle to conquer the intended gauge . . .

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Finished Object: More socks!



More socks! Knitting socks is just so satisfying. And self patterning yarn makes you look like a freaking genius to none knitters. I am playing catch up a little with my finished projects on the blog, these were Joel's Christmas socks.  Unfortunately I cannot remember what the yarn is. I picked it up on sale at my LYS. I wasn't sure I really liked it but it was a good price and I figured it would get used. When our Christmas budget was spent and I hadn't gotten anything for dear husband yet, I was glad I had the yarn in my stash. It was a record 2 weeks of knitting time, while he was off on a film shoot. In the end I love how the yarn looks all knit up. And more importantly he loves the socks.

Joining with:
Tami's
Creative Friday
Fiber Arts Friday





22 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Honey! Been thinking and praying a lot about your family lately!

      Delete
  2. It is true about the self-patterning yarn. It's on my list of things to try... and two weeks for two man-sized socks?? Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes I was pretty much knitting all the time. It got down to me having to knit 3 inches a day. My kids thought I was crazy.

      Delete
  3. Love them! They look so cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are awesome. DH just figured out how self-patterning yarn works; now he seems to think that I've been cheating all along :) I'm also glad to hear that someone else is still catching up on Christmas 2012 knitting. I felt a bit ashamed to deliver the last two projects last weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very funny. Cheating or not, we still have to knit all those stitches!

      Delete
  5. What lovely socks. I think it is the angles of your photos, but his feet look enormous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope they are enormous, Size 11. :(

      Delete
  6. Sock knitting is satisfying indeed. I'm starting a new pair this very moment .... Have a nice weekend. Regula

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice sock pattern - perhaps its Opal sock yarn? I like to knit socks for my husband; he's so appreciative and wears them all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love those socks! That is the perfect yarn for them. Also, love that your hubs was willing to pose for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE those socks! I won't show my husband your blog though...he might think I need to knit him a pair ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lucky guy; the socks are super nice.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good Job! And who's the artist? ;-)
    (couldn't help noticing the pictures on the wall)
    Looks like a creative and artistic household

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jodiebodie! My husband Joel is the artist. When we moved in to our place he told me that he was going to decorate. I came home from work one day and he had hung up a bunch of his work. I love it!

      Delete