Work in Progress: Lace cowl

It is that time of year again for me at work: assessment time. I LOVE this time of year because it means I get paid to knit. I meet with students and parents to fill out a bizzillion scantron sheets for our research project. While they are doing this I need to be present to answer questions, which I can totally do while knitting.

Recently I discovered stitch dictionaries. I have three volumes of the Vogue Knitting Stitchionary checked out from my local library. I am fairly obsessed with them (read that as stitch dictionaries have become my bedtime reading-- does this make me weird--do I care?). So, of course, after you become obsessed with stitch dictionaries it leads you to start designing your own patterns. I am not sure I am any good at it but it sure is fun. I really love lace knitting right now. It is challenging but still relaxing (as long as I use several stitch markers). Not sure this fingering weight Claudia Hand Painted yarn is going to work out well for this cowl or that I used the best stitch pattern for the border but I am still enjoying this adventure.


Joining with:

Frontier Dreams
Small Things
Tami's Amis

Labels: , ,