6 important things to do list

 

When my husband was finishing up his undergraduate degree I was working at a really difficult job and desperately wanting to quit and stay home with my 2 year old daughter. So I started selling Mary Kay cosmetics. I am not a salesperson nor did I even wear makeup. But I was a woman with a mission and I committed to that  company with all my energy. I ended up working both jobs for 9 months but then was able to quit my day job and stay home selling Mary Kay. I did it until Joel graduated but by then was pretty much over being a salesperson, and a little sad about not being pregnant with number 2, so I went back to work part-time.

What does this have to do with knitting? Nothing really. But did you notice the great circle socks in  the messy picture above? This picture is of the last few things I have to put away in my bedroom to officially call it clean. Which is where the Mary Kay and knitting connection come in. 

One of Mary Kay's big things was the 6 most important things to do today list. We could make a list of the millions of things we are suppose to get done each day but then we get overwhelmed and accomplish nothing.  So as a consultant we were instructed to make a list of the 6 most important things and accomplish those each day. I put this idea into action today. This was my first "day off" (if you can call being home with a sick child "off") since returning from my long vacation so there was much needing to be done at home. Thinking about it all was a bit overwhelming so I sat down and made my list.

1. email teachers (I am the PTA president. What was I thinking?!)
2. call parents from the study at work (later realized I left the number at work)
3. clean/unpack my bedroom (been living out of my suitcase for 10 days, surrounded by boxes)
4. fix couch (attaching pieces of vinyl to the legs of the couch are finally keeping it from sliding back)
5. sew sunshade (turns out those are pretty weak sauce. Or I'm really strong. I broke a borrowed one.)
6. call Billie 

I have not accomplished everything yet. But I feel pretty good about today. Amidst cuddling Jude and administering lots of ibuprofen, tylenol, and antibiotics I was able to get 4 of the things done and make a little progress on my socks. Not bad for a sick day.


Labels: