Little Jude Man and I donned our aprons and did some creative baking together this weekend. A tasty chocolate banana cake. We had a few mishaps, that I will refrain from writing less you think me a complete idiot, but the end result was delicious. He had a fun time working one on one with me and looked so cute in his apron.
Chocolate Banana Cake Recipe
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 sour milk (add a little vinegar to the milk to make it sour)
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp baking soda
1 stick butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
chocolate chips (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Mix flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda together and set aside.
3. Cream butter and sugar together.
4. Add eggs one at a time.
5. Mix in bananas and vanilla then milk.
6. Mix flour mixture into banana mixture.
7. Grease a 9x13 inch baking pan.
8. Pour cake mixture into pan.
9. Sprinkle chocolate chips on top. Or you can mix them in before you pour batter into the pan.
10. Bake for 20-25 minutes (until toothpick comes out clean.)
Pretty simple and easy. I am not sure where the recipe originated from. I received it from my sister. We had some for dessert late night but normally we have it for breakfast. So tasty!
If you would like to link up and share your current creations with your children please leave your link below. No rules, only that your link is current and something about creating with children. They don't even have to be your own kids. Please remember to link back here so that others who may want to join Hearts Knit Together can find it. Pretty Simple. Remember your post can be from any day of the week, it doesn't have to be Monday. And you don't have to leave a comment. Mr. Linky automatically says that.
Labels: Children, Hearts Knit Together, recipes