Work In Progress Wednesday-- Citron Shawl

I AM IN LOVE.

Yeah, yeah with my husband of almost 12 years but more importantly with my

EAT YOUR VEGGIES CITRON SHAWL.

Seriously. I mean I love my husband more but I really, really like how it is turning out. I love the variegated yarn and how each new color is a little surprise.

I am torn between wanting to hurry and finish it so I can wear it. Or to slow down because I am loving knitting it so much. Ever have that feeling? It has been awhile for me so I am basking in the experience. A great knitting day.


Joining Yarn Along today.

This week I am reading the newest Yarn Harlot book, All Wound Up. I have been waiting for it at my local library. Her short essays are as funny as I hoped they would be. The two I liked best so far have nothing to do with knitting but are just about crazy life. I enjoyed the one of her husband getting stuck in the snow in his truck. I don't want to ruin the story for you but having grown up and learned to drive in Alaska I can appreciate the humiliation of having to call for help because you can't get the car out of the snow bank. 

The other was the story of her children having, not one, but two water balloon fights inside her house. You'll have to read the book to see how she handled it. Only funny because it didn't happen to me! 

As always, visit Tami's this Wednesday. 

Labels: ,