Knitting For Charity



I am still knitting away for charity. I had a little hiccup when I ran out of yarn for the red one and ultimately put it on hold until I could get more yarn today. Of course, it isn't the same dye lot since I have had that red yarn for several years but I don't think anyone would notice.

While I was waiting to get more yarn I casted on another little pullover with some yarn from my stash. I am planning on doing the entire pullover in that light pink with the hot pink just being used for the ribbing on the bottom. I like it so far.

The pattern doesn't state a gauge, just a needle size and worsted weight yarn. My concern (which seems to be a concern on many of my projects lately) is whether it will fit. I have followed the pattern exactly but I do not think the hole for the head is big enough. I am knitting it straight but on a circular needle so I tried to pull it over my three year old's head with the yarn on the cable and there was no way it was going over. I don't have any newborns to try it on so I am just hoping it will be big enough for someone. Hoping something fits always makes me nervous! Does anyone have experience making one of these?

Sharing this with:
Keep Calm Craft On
WIP Wednesday

Labels: , ,