Knitted Stuffed Animals

My baby turns 2 in May and I have this great desire to knit him a little friend to sleep with. The problem is that I have never knit anything like that and I am a little nervous about the skill level of doing so. But I am always up for a challenge and I love that knitting is so easy to undo and redo. Over and over again. I am looking for a cute pattern. Suggestions or tips always welcome.

Here is what I have found so far:

The Giantmonk from Eskimimi.  Go see a picture of him.  I have not seen a pattern but he is super cute.

Or these fun ones

The Big Snowy Owl from The Purl Bee


The classic sock monkey by Paton's

Cute elephant from Woman's Day

Hippo from designer Sarah Keen


Maybe I should just buy this. I am off to check for it at my local library. 

What do you think? What would a 2 year old like best?

Labels: ,