Knitting Obsession

I picked up knitting after giving birth to my third child, three years ago.  I just had this intense desire to knit so I bought the book, Stitch and Bitch by Debbie Stoller and worked my way through the book.  Twice before friends have tried to teach me but I never caught on. With that book I quickly became obsessed, thinking about projects, looking at patterns online (Ravelry has not helped with my obsession-- but that is another post), knitting whenever I could get away with it, and sneaking trips to my LYS.  I was starting to think there was something wrong with me. Then my DH found the Yarn Harlot by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee at a used book swap at our daughter's elementary school. As I read through the book I realized that there were others like me! Reading her words brought me comfort. There was not anything wrong with me, or if there was at least it was wrong with her too. And if she was obsessed like me, I was positive there are others. What a comforting revelation!

Unfortunately recently my daughter told me that I am always saying, "hold on, one more stitch, or let me finish this row" whenever she needs me.  Doesn't she know that God said we should be knitters if we are to be virtuous women? :)

"She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands." Proverbs 31:13

Labels: